More Than A Gut Feeling IV
To watch this video, Please log in.
Based on behavioral science!
This program shows interviewers how to make the right hiring decisions, based on the behavior-based interviewing (BBI) strategy developed by Paul C. Green, Ph.D. This approach is behavioral because of its emphasis on gaining specific examples of what a person has done in order to predict what that person will do. It is based on the premise that behavior predicts. People tend to perform in the future in the same way that they performed in the past. In this revised and updated version, more consideration is given to the idea of uncovering behavioral predictors, as well as thoughtful attention toward a thorough job analysis being the basis for developing effective BBI questions.
How-To Training Points
- How to plan a logical, structured interview that includes pre-planned interview questions
- How to recognize the importance of developing an interview plan based on thorough knowledge of the job
- How to understand that a behavioral example is a specific life-history event that can be used to determine the presence or absence of a skill
- How to probe further and seek out behavioral predictors
- How to use interviewing techniques that allow for interviewer control
- How to explain why it is important to make selection decisions based on facts and information, not on a gut feeling
- How to explain why the concept of “the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior” is so important in the behavioral-based interview process
- How to recognize why some questions cannot be legally asked in the interview process
We are delighted that you will be previewing our programmes through our online programme evaluation system!
If you've previewed online with us before, just log in using your username and password.If not, please follow the steps to register and request a full length preview.
We ask that you keep in mind, online previews are intended for those evaluating programmes for possible purchase or rental.
They are protected by copyright laws and are not allowed to be used in training or for educational or entertainment purposes.
If we can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact us.
The LRMG Visuals Team.